Festive Things To Do This Christmas ☃


Good evening fairies! As Christmas draws nearer, most people experience a lot of pressure and stress to get everything ready for the festive season. Here in the Czech Republic, it's a tradition to bake 'Vánoční Cukroví', very small Christmas cookies with a lot of different designs. Most people bake a few hundred because it's tradition to trade them with neighbors and gift them to friends and family. I don't bake these myself but I can surely imagine that this is quite overwhelming!

It's good to remember to also enjoy these days as much as possible and to take care of yourself. Depending on where you live but most places and cities have so many nice activities to enjoy in December🌸. 



I have to admit that I'm not that stressed during these months because I always buy my gifts months before🙈! There is just something so relaxing about planning these things and not going to the shopping mall on the last day (because believe me, in Prague you don't want to go to the mall right before Christmas). 

 🍬🎄🍬

This post will be dedicated on what to do on Christmas and what my traditions are during this period. 

 🍬🎄🍬

  

1. Buy limited edition beauty products; for example, Lush and The Body Shop have a special Christmas line every year. There is nothing better than to treat yourself to some nice products. Last year I really fell in love with the 'Snow Fairy' line. "Don't let winter take its troll; lather up and lavish as Snow Fairy's comforting, sweet fragrance envelops you in a cloak of candied mystique". I can't wait for the 50% sale again right after Christmas, I'll definitely be stocking up for next year.

🍬🎄🍬

  

2. Put up a Christmas tree and spread as much magic as possible; I have been putting up a mini tree in my bedroom for many years and I have two small trees since I have my own apartment. I already posted about how I decorated this year, you can check it out here if you haven't read it yet. 

🍬🎄🍬

   

3. Go visit a Christmas market; we have many Christmas markets here in Prague but the best one has to be on Old Town Square. At least, this is the prettiest one, but unfortunately also the most touristic one. As a local, it's better to go to another market but nevertheless, I love to go here every year for some magical pictures and to watch the lightning of the tree. I will make a blog post soon dedicated to this market! Can wait to share that with you guys. 

🍬🎄🍬


4. Shopping presents for loved ones; I absolutely love buying Christmas gifts and each year I start planning earlier what I want to buy. I already celebrated Christmas with my parents this year when I went home at the beginning of the month but I will celebrate it as well with my boyfriend on the 26th. 

🍬🎄🍬

  

5. Having a night in watching Christmas movies; it's my tradition to watch The Nightmare Before Christmas (1993) every year during Christmas. Last year I watched quite some Netflix originals and I have to say that there are definitely some nice ones on it. There is nothing better than to have a nice relaxing bath or shower, put on your favourite pyjamas, wrap yourself up in a fluffy blanket, make a nice steaming cup of tea and put on a cute festive movie!

🍬🎄🍬

  ballet, cristmas, and dance afbeelding

6. Go see a ballet at the theatre; the most classic Christmas ballet has to be The Nutcracker of course. Unfortunately, I've never seen it before but I'm very happy and excited to go finally see it for the first time this year! On the 20th of this month, I will go to the National Theatre and enjoy myself some evening of dancing and listening to the amazing orchestra. Next week I'll upload a little blog post about it so stay tuned!

 🍬🎄🍬

  

7. Make yourself some sweet chocolate milk; including with whipped cream and marshmallows of course! It's so relaxing to come home from a cold snowy day of Christmas shopping and then to make yourself a nice cuppa of chocolate.

🍬🎄🍬

8. Make a Christmas wish list; you can see mine already on this blog posts from a few weeks ago. I absolutely adore making lists and planning gifts. What's on your wishlist this year?

 🍬🎄🍬

   

9. Visit a museum; this year after waiting for 7(!) years The National Museum in Prague finally opened again after huge renovations. For the rest of the year, there is a free entrance and I cannot wait to go visit again. The last time I was here was in 2004 so I don't remember that much but, I cannot be more excited.

🍬🎄🍬

  

10. Get a Christmas themed sweater; now this sweater is maybe not that super Christmassy but I love wearing it during the holidays. The material is so super soft and it has nice sparkling snowflakes on the front. You don't need an excuse to treat yourself to a cosy & fluffy sweater this season.

 🍬🎄🍬

  

11. Make a scrapbook or album from your favourite moments of 2018; of course, every year has its ups and downs but, it's good to reflect and focus on the good ones. I have been fortunate to travel to my dream country Italy and in total went on 3 holidays this year. I will definitely make a dedicated post about my favourite's from this year, so stay tuned for that one!

 🍬🎄🍬

  

12. Buy a new calendar & set goals; I adore hunting down a beautiful calendar each year. This year I had one from Thomas Kinkade and I couldn't resist buying the same brand for next year. I was planning on getting another one, but the pictures of next year are just SO much better than the one from 2018. Next year I will be having two calendars because I also bought one from Roman Holiday in Rome this past September.

 🍬🎄🍬

What do you like to do during the holidays and what are your traditions? Please reply in the box below what you liked most about my post and I hope you enjoyed it.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend and hopefully, I see you next time!

xoxo

Lesley 

Comments