The Nutcracker in Narodní Divadlo 🎄

Good evening fairies! Only 3 nights of sleep before it's finally Christmas! This month is going by so fast, it's such a pity because I want to enjoy it as long as I can.

I hope everybody had a magical week and that you've spent a lot of time drinking hot chocolate and Christmas shopping ⛄. Of course, I have all my gifts wrapped, decorations prepared and stockings ready!

This past Thursday the day was finally here; time to go to The Nutcracker. I've been looking forward to this day for months, we already bought our tickets months ago because they sell out so fast over here. I've been to 2 ballets before here in Prague, The Sorcerer's Apprentice and Romeo & Juliet. Now I can finally add this one to the list and in May I will go to The Little Mermaid 💖.



This was my outfit of the evening. One of the things that I love most about going to the theatre is that you can completely dress up and look nice. On evenings like this, I always grab my favourite make up products and jewellery.

My boyfriend kindly gifted me this beautiful dress from Chi Chi London, unfortunately, I discovered that there was a small hole in the tulle skirt. As for me and my mom, both of us had no idea how to fix this so she made this beautiful satin bow to the dress so that it covers the hole. I believe that this is a very nice finishing touch to the dress and I'm quite happy with it. This Ted Baker bag I received for my birthday and I waited for months to finally take it with me to something special.



This Ted Baker necklace is my newest in the collection. I bought it a while ago while it was on sale on Zalando and it is just so precious and dainty. I treated myself to this Pandora charm bracelet during the summer and in the meantime, my boyfriend kindly gifted me two charms for my birthday.



One of the things that I love most about dressing up is using a statement perfume. Perfume just really finishes the entire look and I love it when a good one stays on the entire day/evening. I used to have Chanel Mademoiselle on my wishlist for ages and a while ago Sephora had a 20% discount for loyal customers. I usually purchase some holy grails during that time and this time I went for this perfume, I'm just so happy to finally own it and the scent reminds me of special evenings like this and my mother because it's her favourite perfume as well 💖.



These are some of my favourite makeup products. As you can clearly see, Too Faced is my favourite brand and I used almost only their products. This past Wednesday I uploaded a special post dedicated to their Under The Tree Christmas pallet, you can see the post here.

  
  

🎄❄🎄



The biggest pride of Czech people has to be The National Theatre (Narodní Divadlo). Opened in 1881 it now consists of three artistic ensembles: ballet, drama, and opera. I have only seen the ballets over here because most opera's and dramas are held in different theatres. If you're ever going to Prague then I really recommend going to this one, the outside and inside are truly magical.




I had a private tour inside the theatre over 2 years ago, we even visited the roof and had the best view in Prague. 


A small summary what The Nutcracker is about:

The Nutcracker begins in the house of a family named the Stahlbaums, where a Christmas party is taking place. Drosselmeyer, a magician, has been invited as a friend of the family to entertain the guests, and when at the party he gives a Nutcracker Doll to Strahbaims daughter, Clara, who is delighted with the present but is made fun of due to the Nutcrackers ugly appearance. Not know to anyone at the party, apart from Drosselmeyer, is that the doll is actually Hans-Peter, his magician's nephew, who was transformed into it by the Mouse Queen, as an act of revenge against Drosselmeyer. To break the spell, the Nutcracker would have to slay the Mouse King and for a young girl to love him despite his looks. The magician saw this as a great opportunity for his nephew to be freed as Clara is only a little younger than the man, and he asks a Christmas Angel to aid her in this task. 

When everyone has gone to bed, Clara heads downstairs to find her Nutcracker and finds Drosselmeyer waiting for her, who then turns the room into a battlefield and summons the Mouse King using his magic. In the battle between the mice and the toy soldiers, the Nutcracker manages to kill the Mouse King, but only because of the help of Clara who saves his life due to her care for him. Once he has been reverted back into his true human form, the two dance together and end up in the Land of Snow. Drosselmeyer then sends them to the Kingdom of Sweets where they meet the Sugar Plum Fairy and her Prince. They are entertained by many different dancers, courtesy of Drosselmeyer, to reward their bravery. 

Once they go back to reality, Clara runs out of her house in search of the magician and meets a strangely familiar young man (Hans-Peter, who was once the Nutcracker). His nephew then returns to his uncle's workshop, proving that the spell has been broken. 

🎄❄🎄

This evening was truly magical, I loved every second of it. From the costumes to the music, it couldn't be any better. I will cherish this night forever.

ballet, dance, and fairy tale afbeelding  ballet, cristmas, and fairy tale afbeelding  ballet, cristmas, and dance afbeelding

I hope you enjoyed this post sugar plum fairies! Don't forget to leave a comment below about your thoughts. Have you been to The Nutcracker this year? What is your favourite ballet? 

I'm sending you lots of love hopefully I see you next time! 🎀🍰

xoxo

Lesley 


Comments