The Prettiest Christmas Market πŸŽ„

Good evening fairies! Today it's finally Christmas Eve πŸŽ„. I hope you all have a nice evening planned full of love, pampering, Christmas movies, and freshly baked cupcakes. Today I had a day off work and I spent it entirely feeling festive πŸ’–. 

Today's blog post is all about my favourite Christmas market here in Prague, on Old Town Square (StaromΔ›stskΓ© NΓ‘mΔ›stΓ­). In 2017 the CNN rated this market in the top 10 of the best markets in the world. U.S. News & World Report rated Prague as the best Christmas vacation. Now I don't mean to brag, but they are totally right! Prague turns so festive and magical during these months. The government spent so much money this year on all the Christmas lights and these beautiful markets.

Now, we have a Christmas market on almost every square (and we have many), but the biggest and most famous has to be on Old Town Square. 

  

In the stands, you can find Christmas decorations, wood-carved toys, glass-work, blacksmith's ware, and Czech specialities. 

On the first of December, there is a special lighting ceremony of the tree. Unfortunately, I didn't have the time to see it this year, but every hour from 18:00 the tree has a special lighting ceremony, complete with some festive music. Hundreds of lights decorate this 22-meter tall tree and this tradition has been going on as long as Czech people can remember. 




Each year the market holds a special theme, this year it's dedicated to Prague's history. So if you find yourself strolling through this market in Prague, make sure to look out for decorated banners and gables on the wooden vending huts representing famous figures and events. 

There are also held many concerts on the stage as you can see in the picture above with traditional Czech Christmas carols. 

  
  

Unfortunately, this market is always very busy with tourist, this really is a downside for all Czech people. It can be so extremely crowded that you can hardly walk or see what the stands are selling. 

Nevertheless, I recommend going on a weekday and then hopefully it will be less crowded, because it's still totally worth it to visit this place, it has turned into one of my yearly traditions πŸ’. 


As winters can grow very cold here in The Czech Republic, make sure that you wrap yourself up in your favourite fluffy winter coat, mittens, fluffy ear warmers and some nice soft boots. I love strolling around this place with a warm Nutella crepe in my hand and watching the twinkling lights in the enormous tree in the evening.  



πŸŽ„πŸŽ€πŸŽ„

  

Now the pictures above weren't taken on Old Town square but another market close from where I live. I just really liked them and wanted to share them in this blog post πŸ’–.

I hope that thanks to this post you are eager to visit a Christmas market yourself. I want to wish you all a very beautiful Christmas eve and please stay tuned for another blog post that will come live tomorrow during the festive day itself. 

Please let me know if you visited a market this year and where. 

Have a nice evening and hopefully I see you all tomorrow in another blog post that I've prepared πŸŽ€.

xoxo

Lesley 







Comments