The Christmas Tag 🎄

Merry Christmas super plum fairies! We waited a long time for this day but it's finally here! I hope you have a wonderful day and that you receive the gifts that your heart was longing for 💝. I don't know how it if for you, but at home, we always used to open presents on Christmas Eve and never on Christmas Day itself. 

This year it was a bit different for me, I already celebrated with my parents weeks ago and I will celebrate it with my boyfriend tomorrow since I'm working today. We did our gifts last night on Christmas Eve, I can't wait to share with you angels what I got! 


After reading several Christmas tags last year I was inspired to create one for this year. I feel even more festive after writing this and I love to hear what your Christmas traditions are! 

1. Do you like giving gifts or receiving gifts better?
This may be a difficult question for many people, but I have to say that I love giving gifts. Of course, as a child, I loved receiving more, but that has changed over the years. There is just something special when you see a loved one opening their presents and seeing how overjoyed they are with what they got. This is just such a unique and real moment, you can only experience this with Christmas.

2. What is your favourite Christmas movie?
This is really a difficult one for me. I have to admit that I almost never watched that many Christmas movies, it's really only the last few years where I watch it more and more. It's a tradition of mine to watch The Nightmare Before Christmas (1993) every year. Nevertheless, I also adore watching How The Grinch Stole Christmas (2000) and Elf (2003). Last year and this year as well Netflix released some Christmas movies. Now I have to admit that most of them are very cliche, and not really Christmassy (most of the time there is just a normal storyline, but it just 'happens' to be Christmas and you see some decorations in the background), but I still quite enjoy A Christmas Prince (2017), The Christmas Chronicles (2018) and, The Princess Switch (2018). 


3. When do you open the presents?
We always open our presents on Christmas Eve. This is my mothers birthday as well, so it makes it extra special to open our presents. Since I'm not living at home anymore and I have to work this year, me and my parents did presents when I was at home at the beginning of this month and me and my boyfriend opened them on Christmas Eve. 

4. Is your Christmas tree real or fake?
Always fake. I think real Christmas trees are just very, very ugly. I mean, of course, they smell amazing and bring something nostalgic but, I cannot deal with the fact that they are not pretty. Fake trees just have way more branches to decorate and always look 'fuller'. Now this year I have a white and pink tree, so it's not really that easy to buy something like that in a real version anyway haha.


5. What would be your dream place to visit for the holiday season?
Definitely New York. I have been dreaming about New York since Gossip Girl and it would be my dream to visit this magical city during Christmas. 

6. When do you start decorating for Christmas?
This used to be after Saint Nicholaus Day (on the fifth of December in my country), but the last two years I already started in the last week of November. I just love decorating and, I wish that I could leave the decorations all year.


7. Where do you usually spend your holiday?
At home. Last year I celebrated it with my whole family somewhere else in The Czech Republic but, most of the years we just stay home. I love cosying up in a fluffy pyjama and watch Christmas movies all day while watching snowflakes fall down outside the window.

8. Have you ever had a white Christmas? 
To be honest, I don't really remember. I doubt that I had any back home in The Netherlands but I think that it snowed two years ago here in Prague. Last year we didn't have snow almost all winter whilst this year we already had it in November. Part of me strongly dislikes snow but, it would certainly make Christmas more festive and magical. 


9. What is your all-time favourite holiday treat?
Definitely marzipan. I feel so saddened that you can only buy this during Christmas, I just need it all year! It's just so delicious. 

10. What is the best Christmas gift you've ever received?
This is a difficult one. Every year I really get spoiled and receive so many amazing things. But I think the one that I remember the most receiving has to be Guitar Hero 3 nearly 10 years ago. I was hoping for this game for so long and I couldn't stop playing for days! 

🎄☃🎄

I hope you enjoyed this post and I want you to wish you again a very lovely Christmas. 

xoxo

Lesley 











Comments