2018 Favourites πŸŽ†

Good evening fairies! Happy new dreams everybody. To be honest, NYE isn't my cup of tea, it makes me feel more lonely and anxious than any other day during the year. Usually, I don't even stay awake till the fireworks at midnight so it's safe to say that I don't really care for it.

But, I do like to reflect and look back on my favourite moments from each year. Of course, every year has its ups and downs but it's important to focus on the positive and all the fun things that happen during the year.

This post will be dedicated to my favourite moments from 2018 and some other fav's as well. Make sure to grab yourself a cuppa and something sweet because it's going to be a long one.

  
  

Last Christmas I gifted my parents a small trip to Disneyland & Paris. In January I flew back home to NL and from there we travelled by train to Paris. I've been there three times now but it was the first time for my parents. Both days were truly magical and I will forever cherish the memories that I made here.

"Disneyland is like Alice stepping through the Looking Glass; to step through the portals of Disneyland will be like entering another world." - Walt DisneyπŸ’

Magic truly exist in this place πŸ’. I feel very grateful and fortunate that I was able to travel to this place three times already, and I hope to add more to the list! My next dream is to visit Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando, but I need to save a lot of money to make that happen (and to get over my fear of flyingπŸ˜‚).



Even though it's almost one year ago that I was there, I'm still thinking about writing a blog post about this trip. Let me know what you think about that!

πŸŽ†πŸŽ€πŸŽ†

  
  

In April I went on quite a few day trips. The first one being Adrspach, a nice place in the mountains near the border of Poland. I went with my boyfriend, his mother, and his sister and we had the most relaxing walk in nature. During spring I work almost 7 days per week, both my jobs are extremely busy so I'm tired most of the time when I'm not working. So, it's really nice to have a rare Sunday off and having a relaxing walk in nature where you can just unwind and take your mind off things.

I also finally visited Karlovy Vary, a place that I had on my travel list for years already but I simply never had the time. When my parents went on a holiday to CZ, I took a few days off so that we could visit some nice places. Karlovy Vary is really famous for the mineral, healthy water. You can take free water from these mineral springs that should have some healing effect.

Last but not least in this series, the day after we went on a trip to ΔŒeskΓ© Ε vΓ½carsko (Bohemian Switzerland). I really see this as one of the most beautiful places in The Czech Republic. We had to walk for 1,5 hour uphill but then we were treated with the best possible view! I think that it's really nice if you visit this place in Autumn as well.

πŸŽ†πŸŽ€πŸŽ†

  

I just had to include these pictures in this post. I know that I posted these already way too much on my Instagram and this blog as well but I just cannot resist! Spring is not my favourite season because this is the only time of year where it's raining almost all the time, but we have a lot of blossom tree's in the city and I just love gazing at them πŸŒΈ. It's such a pity that they are only nice for two weeks, but I can't wait to see them again next year.

πŸŽ†πŸŽ€πŸŽ†

  

One of the best moments ever was when I found out in February that I won a four day trip to Croatia! We went on a trip with this agency to Poland last year and my pictures won this contest where I won this trip. In May we packed our suitcases, went to the bus station and started the fifteen hours bus trip to Zadar & Split. This was the first time I ever saw palm trees and I cannot even describe how happy I felt seeing them!

This trip was absolutely amazing, we went on the fourth of May but it was already thirty degrees outside, I really love warm weather. I never won something in my life so I was just so happy to win such a big price as this! There are definitely more places that I would love to visit in this beautiful country.

πŸŽ†πŸŽ€πŸŽ†

  
  

Visiting Italy has been my dream for many years. I never really had the money or I was too young to travel but this year my dream finally came true! My idea was to just visit Florence for one week, but my boyfriend wanted to visit Rome as well. At some point, we just decided to go for two weeks and visit six different cities throughout Italy: Naples, Rome, Florence, Venice, Verona, and Milan.

After a lot of work, saving money and a huge amount of planning we took a plane on 31.08.2018 to Naples. It's safe to say that these really were the best two weeks of my life, I've never been so long from home and never travelled so far. It was even more special to celebrate my birthday this way, it was the first time that I really was on holiday during my b-day.

πŸŽ†πŸŽ€πŸŽ†

  

I think Christmas will make it to this list every year, there is just something so magical about it. This year I celebrated Christmas early with my parents when I went home at the beginning of the month and I celebrated again with my boyfriend on the 26th. I just love making some nice food, freshly baked cupcakes and to wrap myself up in a fluffy blanket whilst watching Christmas movies all day. I will have a blog post up soon about the treasures that I was gifted this year so stay tuned!

πŸŽ†πŸŽ€πŸŽ†

Film favourite: The Theory of Everything (2014)

The Theory of Everything Movie Review

Now this movie is not from this year as you can see and maybe know, but this was definitely the best movie I've watched this year. It was absolutely beautiful and heartbreaking.

The story follows Stephan Hawking in his early years and is based on the book Travelling to Infinity: My Life With Stephan, a memoir written by Stephan's first wife Jane. It's incredible to see the love and support from Jane, I cannot imagine what she went through while taking care of her husband, three children and still trying to focus on her own intellectual pursuits as well.

I was literally blown away by the performances from Eddie Redmayne and Felicity Jones and, I haven't felt this sad over a movie for years. I cannot recommend this movie enough.

Especially the last scene, where you can see how they go back in time to the moment where they first met, so beautiful.

  "There should be no boundaries to human endeavour. We are all different. However bad life may seem, there is always something you can do, and succeed at. While there is life, there is hope." - Stephan Hawking, The Theory of Everything

πŸŽ†πŸŽ€πŸŽ†

Book favourite: Paris: Through A Fashion Eye (2017)

  

This book has been on my wishlist since Christmas last year and this year in November I finally decided to purchase it. The book itself is in real life even better than on the pictures, the illustrations are absolutely breathtaking and there is so much detail in this book. It's the perfect guide for when you visit this magical city. Whilst flipping the pages I can't stop dreaming about a twinkling Eiffel Tower and macarons at LadurΓ©e.

"Though I often looked for one, I finally had to admit that there could be no cure for Paris." - Paula Mclain 

πŸŽ†πŸŽ€πŸŽ†

TV favourite: A Discovery Of Witches (2018) 

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor a discovery of witches pink

I have been waiting for a TV adaptation for ages! Many years ago I read the trilogy of the All Souls series and I adored them. This year it was finally time to watch all 8 episodes and I squealed with excitement when they were finally released!

Words cannot describe how excited I am when they confirmed a season 2 and 3! I do hope though that they will contain more than just 8 episodes, that simply won't be enough!

"My life now has a beginning, a middle, and an end. Everything before was a preamble. Now I have you. One day you will be gone, and my life will be over." - Matthew Clairmont 

πŸŽ†πŸŽ€πŸŽ†

I want to thank you if you read it all through the end because I know that it was a very long one! But that's a good thing right, that there are many good things that happen in a year? It would be such a pity of that list would be short.

Anyway, I want to wish you all a very nice evening and I hope that all your dreams come true in 2019. Lots of love and see you all next year!

xoxo

Lesley




Comments

Post a Comment